Annabel Lee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FANDOM CONTESTS & CHALLANGES GUIDELINES

Go down

FANDOM CONTESTS & CHALLANGES GUIDELINES Empty FANDOM CONTESTS & CHALLANGES GUIDELINES

Post  Admin Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:00 am

• All contests and/or challenges must be approved by the admin (me) first, so that proper space may be made for the contest/challenge, and it is given the attention it deserves. If you have a contest and/or challenge you wish to post on Annabel Lee, please PM me, or PM a Mod, who will get in touch with me with the information.

• It is the contest's/challenge's host who decides whether they will allow you to post your entry on another site (i.e. fanfiction.net), so if you are unsure if you are allowed to post a copy of your piece elsewhere, please PM the host of the contest that you are participating in.

• If you're hosting your contest on Annabel Lee, it's inadvisable to host the same contest on a different site at the same time. Obviously, we can't make you do, or not do, anything if you're truly determined, but we implore you to heed our warnings. Not only will you overwhelm yourself, but it will also be unfair to your participants.

• The Winner of any contest and/or challenge is chosen through a voting poll that will be set up by a Mod or the Admin. Depending on the number of entries, voting may be broken up into rounds, continuously narrowing down until five entries remain. The entry with the most votes out of those last five is the overall contest/challenge winner.

• Just because entries are for a contest/challenge, does not mean that you can forgo the STORY GUIDELINES. Attaching a rating in a visible place at the top of your post is still required, and flaming another person's entry, or bashing of any kind, is not tolerated.

• It is encouraged for the host of the contest/challenge to offer prizes for winners/runner-ups. Where's the fun in competition if you're not participating to win something? It doesn't have to be anything big - it can be something as simple as a "I Won The ________ Challenge!" badge that they can slap into their signature, and show off to everyone else. If you're willing to go a bit further than that, we do have a shop with some pretty neat gear. Also, many online retailers such as Amazon.Com and Barnes and Noble, are willing to hand out $5, $10, and $25 online gift cards if you explain that it's for a contest.

• You can not participate in your own contest! You may post your own "submissions" as example pieces, but they are ineligible for winning; even with the winner being chosen by public voting, it would still be unfair to the other participants for your pieces to be eligible.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Annabel Lee Staff

Admin
Admin

https://annabellee.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down